Google I/O  

Google I/O

Google I/O is Google's developer conference held annually in San Francisco. The first Google I/O conference took place in 2008.




The bulk of the Google I/O agenda is devoted to technical sessions, where attendees learn about developing applications for all of Google's platforms, including Android, Chrome and YouTube. The conference also provides hands-on labs, where attendees can test what they've learned and get help from experts. In addition, there is a showcase for applications developed on Google platforms.




Although the conference sessions and labs target the developer audience, the Google I/O keynote often has a broader appeal. The company has used the event in the past to announce major new products and services, including the Google Music streaming service and new versions of the Android operating system.